Monday 27 August 2012

Birthday celebration etc!!!



It has been a LONG time since I blogged!  Sorry about that, especially to Carol who told me to get a move on and blog when we met at the Donington show last weekend.


So, here I am, and I've found a post started with pictures of my trip down South earlier this month.


I guess you have gathered that I was in London!

It is old news now but as the photos are still here I will continue with it...


The Olympics were in their last days and I really wanted to go and visit the sights in London and around the Olympic Park.  We didn't have tickets to go in and all the tickets for the park were sold for that day but we got as close as we could and we soaked up the tremendous atmosphere that surrounded us.  Everyone was really friendly and the volunteers were so helpful in guiding us along our way.


We travelled by bus around the London landmarks before heading to Stratford which was actually on our way home.


As we couldn't get into the Olympic Park we went to watch in Victoria Park which had 4 large screens set up.


All in all a great day out and having a chance to visit and spend time with my family was a brilliant treat for my birthday.


At this point I would like to welcome Fran Seiford, the owner of Stampendous, who has joined and is now a follower here!!!  Hi Fran :)

Fran designed this London stamp specially for our UK events this year, it certainly captured my day so well!!


I even got to be beside the Thames, and of course, I just had to use the encrusted jewel technique on this card!!


I'll keep catching up with blogging... On my list is that promised blog candy giveaway...

I hope you've had a great bank holiday weekend, shame about the weather!!

Thanks for visiting

Jill x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great B'day celebration and you did see a heck of a lot down there! Love that card with the Thames flowing off like that. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!