Sunday 17 June 2012

Cards from Stampendous/IW show on Wednesday


Did you manage to watch the show?  It was really busy on Wednesday with craft shows on both Ideal World and Create and Craft at the same time, in fact I have never been there when it has been SO busy.  I do marvel at how they do so many shows back to back like that!!  It was also great to catch up with the guests that were around that day too.

I didn't get to show everything in the show - what's new - so I'll show the cards and other info here.

As it is Father's Day today I thought I would start with this card featuring the Stampendous Perfectly Clear stamp set Railway (SSC1139)


I'll be adding this card to our Time/Travel themed challenge as it is appropriate for that.  This challenge started on Friday so there is still time for you to join in too.


I have been asked about the square stud brads I used, they are from Woodware and are available in brass, copper, silver and pewter.  There are 3 sizes in the packs, 36 brads in total.  I used the largest (above) and the smallest (below).  They are great for vintage cards and altered projects.


For the Frantage steam effect for the train I mainly used shabby white, aged ivory, aged aqua embossing enamels with a few bits of aged black and silver that I sprinkled in with my fingers, just tiny pinches.  I also added some glitter glass.


I sprayed coffee for the background and added colour with chalks.  I am really enjoying using chalks again they add such soft and subtle colour and blend really well even on the coffee background.  The spray bottles I used are HERE.

The Father greeting I added is from Woodware Stamps - Clear Magic - FRCL079 - Male Relatives

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday

Thanks for visiting!

Jill x

9 comments:

  1. Oh Jill, I just love how you used the frantage for steam, such a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched and enjoyed the show Jill. I have quite a few of the products necessary to produce the 'Frantage' look and I hope that when I have the rest my 'efforts' will turn out somewhere like yours ... but I doubt it! super work.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill

    I saw and loved the show. It was great to see you back on telly, your demos are always so inspirational. I thought the steam frantage for the train was just inspired,. My Dad would have adored a card like this, he was steam train mad!!
    I just NEED those embossing powders now.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and it lloks fab !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the show Jill, great demos tfs. A great card with fabulous elements and lovin the frantage again.
    hugs {brenda] xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Jill. Frantage was made for the smoke on this card! Loving the train themed stamps. Have posted my entry today. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i watched the show on virgin+ and ive kept it so i can watch again!! was lovely seeing you. you did a brilliant job well done!
    xx tonyR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, we didn't see the show as we didn't know it was happening. If you'll let us know whenever you show Stampendous product we'll help publicize it on Twitter and Facebook and our blog! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool, a fantastic card with wonderful details. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!