Wednesday 17 November 2010

More Dicrofibers


Here is another example of the Dicrofibers that we used in Saturday's workshop, I mainly followed the same technique as yesterday, except that I've added pieces of leafing flakes inside the fibres.  You need to fluff up paler colours on top of the stamp, add the leafing flakes and then ideally add some darker colours of fibre.  Have a fiddle about to make it look nice before pressing with non-stick paper with a medium hot iron.


The wording background was stamped using USArtQuest Duo adhesive applied directly to the rubber, the stamped Duo image needs to change from white to clear before you apply leafing flakes.  I'll show more examples of this another time.





I found some silver coloured dog tags (spicy and fruit) and coloured them with gold alcohol inks.


I'm looking forward to playing more with these fibres!!

Thanks for visiting

Jill

2 comments:

  1. Was in the shop last weekend but missed these ! They look brilliany Jill !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sid! Darn it, sorry I missed your visit on Saturday, I was actually at the workshop then. The boards will be at the shop from this Saturday, (I've had a couple of bits to finish on them). We're now starting to get the products in stock.

    Now that I've found some of my original bits and bobs to use as well, I'm hoping to get a play with some of it this afternoon:)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!