Thursday 21 January 2010

Scrunch paper card and box with Funky Flowers



Here's another card from Saturday's show, this time with the Funky Flowers and Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet designed by Kay Carley.

Sorry this photo is not great, it has a really rich look in real life!  The flower image is stamped onto sticky backed canvas.  I detail painted with the Mardi Gras stains and also flicked the stains onto the canvas to give a speckled look.

The background was made from mopping up the stains from my craft mat when I had been misting, shame to waste it and it gives a lovely distressed look.  I over stamped with one of the flourish stamps.



I used a piece of 12" x 12" paper scrunch to cover the lid and sprayed the base of the box.  I also added a square of scrunched paper inside the lid on this one.

Jill

4 comments:

  1. You've been so busy lately, Jill, I've just been having a catch up with all your lovely interesting posts. I did cach the Wednesday C&C, although decoupage isn't my thing, you did so well and are a complete natural at the TV lark, coping admirably with Howard's terrible jokes!!!
    I love your funky flowers card. Moping up the stains is always my favourite bit, you never know what you're going to end up with and it feels like not a bit of the lovely spray has been wasted.
    Make sure you have a breather, you'll be worn out!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I've spent the last half an hour putting my starburst stains into spray bottles, thanks to watching the last show! I keep shaking them up and sighing at how gorgeous they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill,
    I am loving your boxes, they really are gorgeous. I LOVE this card, but then I would as it's in my favourite colours.
    I am going to put my starburst stains into bottles and play,play,play
    Thanks again for your fab card from the show.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE those purples! I think some of the best backgrounds come from what's left over, don't you?!

    : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!