Monday 18 May 2009

What a wonderful gift!

Wow! Look what Debbie made over the weekend!

I set Debbie a bit of a challenge and asked her if she could make something with the Moonglow Mica Pigment Powders, Debbie has the Milky Way set and the blues and purples. These have been used with some of Kay's designs.

I popped over to have a look at her blog yesterday and caught a sneaky peek, I nearly sneaked away so as not to spoil the surprise! But I did stay and left a message.

I was puzzled as to what it could be, it certainly wasn't a card, I expected it to be a card when I set the challenge. It is absolutely fantastic and must have taken hours to make. I bet it WAS very fiddly to make too! To give you an idea of the size, the alcohol ink painted shrink plastic buttons are only about 1" wide, so it is a small box, perhaps 3" tall! The butterflies are attached with acetate and exploded out when I removed the lid, this is certainly an exploding box with a difference!

It really is so pretty and well made. I've asked permission to show it here on The Stamp Man blog too. Isn't blogging wonderful when you can share stuff like this. I'll leave it to Debbie to tell you more about it on her blog Made with Love, the link is on the RHS.

Thank you SO much Debbie!

Jill x

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous gift - its truely stunning Ive visited Debbie to find out more and must have a go myself with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab,Debbie,s very talented.
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very beautiful, Jill. She is definitely an asset!! I love the expoloding butterflies.
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. My mica powders arrived today, thank you so much, but I don't think I'm up to a creation like this just yet. What talented ladies you have working for you!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving your comments. We are very lucky to have her helping us, she really is talented (as well as lovely, and hardworking).

    ***** 5 stars for Debbie:)

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh !!!im embarrased now!!Im going to hide in the office tomorrow!!!
    but thankyou all for your lovely comments
    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!